We've reached the last of the seven primary energy centers we carry; the Crown Chakra, or Sahasrara. This chakra is located at the top of the head and is the chakra that allows us to feel connected to the universe and a divine source.
Whether you just celebrated the summer or winter solstice, now is a great time of year to give some attention to your seventh chakra. Both being outside in nature experiencing the world's beauty and cozied up inside allowing for deep reflection are great ways to get in touch with Sahasrara.
A blocked or overactive crown chakra may manifest as feeling stuck in your head or feeling disconnected from your body; obsessing over spiritual matters or being closed minded or rejecting any connection to the universe as a whole.
A balanced, healthily active Sahasrara can help us reach a place of bliss and peace within our selves. It helps us to realize our connection with everyone and everything in nature.
Sounds pretty great, huh? So let's start the work!
- The color associated with this chakra is a silvery violet or white. Meditate on these colors. Picture a violet or white light turning on at the crown of your head. Imagine this light starts to spin, activating the chakra and connecting you with yourself and the universe.
- Spend time outside and really start to notice the beauty of nature. Get up close to a flower and marvel at the perfection of it. Then remind yourself that you and the flower are connected. Guess what? You're perfect too!
- The symbol for this chakra is this:
Draw the symbol and color it violet. Meditate on the symbol.
- Spend some time alone each day if you can. Meditate, read, draw, create.
- Be inspired! Inspiration is a great way to open our crown chakra. Listen to a song that gives your goosebumps, go to a museum, read your favorite novel. Do anything that lights a fire in you to create.
And just remember...
"We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." -Neil DeGrasse Tyson