Third Eye Chakra
Our Third Eye Chakra, or Ajna is our sixth major energy center and is located between the eyes, where our eyebrows would meet. Ajna helps us perceive the more subtle qualities of reality. It helps us see beyond the physical senses and into the extrasensory, spiritual realm.
When our third eye chakra is blocked, it may manifest in several ways. One might reject anything spiritual, experience a lack of clarity, or find it difficult to see beyond daily problems and create a vision for one's future. When this chakra is overactive, one might experience an overindulgence in fantasies and illusions.
Working on keeping this chakra in balance helps connect you to wisdom and insight. A balanced, awakened Ajna will allow you to trust your intuition and will motivate inspiration and creativity. The third eye chakra is also associated with seeing auras and having psychic visions. Anja is associated with the pineal gland which is responsible for the regulation of biorhythms, including sleep and wake time. This gland, located in the brain, is associated with the perception and effect of light and altered states of consciousness.
How to awaken your Third Eye Chakra:
- The color associated with this chakra is a deep purple/indigo color. Meditate on this color. Imagine a purple light turning on in your third eye and spinning to activate the energy there.
- The symbol for Ajna looks like this:
Draw this symbol and color it purple!
- Check out our blog on reading auras and practice reading the energy of your friends and family.
- Spend time alone focusing on clarity. See if you can picture yourself in 5 years exactly how you would like to be and think about what to draw to you and what you need to let go of to help you become the person you see yourself becoming.
- Create a vision board! This is fun to do alone or with friends. Get a poster board, old magazines, some hod podge, scissors, and a paint brush. Cut out the images you are drawn to or want to manifest into your life and glue them to the board.
- Take note of any visions you may have. Right down strong intuitions, and/or start keeping a dream journal.
The third eye chakra can be intense. You can receive a lot of information here. If you are ever feeling like this chakra is overactive for you, try meditating on this chakra and imagine a door closing in between your eyes, picture the purple light now behind this door, safely tucked away.
As with all chakras, balancing Ajna will help you feel more connected to yourself and the universe and will allow you to see that connection more clearly. Have fun and be kind to yourself. <3