Solar Plexus Chakra
Moving right along with our chakras, we arrived at the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura. This is the 3rd chakra, following the sacral chakra which we talked about last week. While the sacral chakra is all about passion, creativity and fostering emotionally supportive relationships, the solar plexus chakra focuses on personal power and will. It's associated with the intellect, clarity of judgments, independents, and decision making. It's all about taking responsibility for one's life.
Like all of our energy centers, this chakra can become imbalanced, which may result in lowered self-esteem and feeling a lack of personal power. An overactive or blocked Manipura could manifest in a number of ways: Being overly controlling over your environment or people, or alternately, feeling helpless and irresponsible; focusing so much on details you forget to look at the big picture, lacking a clear direction, ambition, or purpose (I know this one well); or maybe you've been able to make lots of plans and have tons of ideas but you are finding it difficult to find ways to realize them. Physically, an imbalance may result in digestion issues. Working on balancing your 3rd chakra could help!
This is how!
- The color associated with this chakra is yellow. During meditation, imagine a yellow light turning on at your solar plexus, located at the upper part of your belly, above your belly button. Picture this light starting to spin, activating the energy of Manipura
- Trust your gut! This is an intuition power center. Try paying close attention to those inner knowing feelings. Spend a day doing only what feels right.
- get your hands on some citrine, tiger's eye, or yellow tourmaline. These crystals will all help activate 3rd chakra energy.
- The element associated with this chakra is fire. Get outside on sunny days and feel the energy of light.
- The symbol for this chakra is circle with an upside down triangle inside.
Try drawing the symbol and coloring it yellow.
- Practice confidence. Start in small ways. Maybe just say hi to a stranger you pass on the street, or say no to a plan you are only committing too out of guilt. Assert your will in positive ways!
When this center is in balance, you will find yourself making confident choices that lead you to desired results. You will have a more harmonious relationship with your surroundings and others. This is a process that starts with simply checking in with your body. We hold so much anxiety, stress, and fear in this center. Try consciously taking more breaths throughout the day and make an effort to relax and trust your gut.